Ghana Music Awards twentieth version pulled in enormous names and famous people in African music where a few specialists and makers got respects for their great work over the previous year. The yearly event was hung on the night on the eighteenth of May, 2019 and occurred at Accra International Conference Center (AICC), Ghana.
Top big names in the music business from Ghana and Africa all assembled and graced celebrity main street to observe possible champs in every class of the yearly Vodafone Ghana Music Awards celebration. The two fervently challenged fields were ‘Craftsman of the Year’ and the ‘Craftsman of the Decade.’ There were in excess of 20 classes each with a rundown of chosen people challenging for the top prizes.
Visitors and fans everywhere appreciated stunning exhibitions from a few artists including Sarkodie, Samini, and Kuami Eugene. Different artists who likewise performed in the occasion are KiDi, King Promise, Kwesi Arthur, Medikal, Efya, Adina, Amakye Dede, Sidney, and Burna Boy. Moderators of the day were TV 3’s Giovanni Caleb and Sika Osei who likewise engaged the group of onlookers with incredible fun.
Here is the full list of winners of Ghana Music Awards titles in various categories:
- Traditional Artiste of the Year – Kwan Pa
- Instrumentalist of the Year – Mizter
- Okyere Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr Rev Mrs Mary Ghansah Lifetime
- Achievement Award – Obuoba J.A. Adofo
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Prof Kofi
- Abraham Unsung Artiste of the Year – Kula
- Gospel Song of the Year – Diana Hamilton for ‘Mo Ne Yo’
- High-life Song of the Year – Shatta Wale for ‘My Level’.
- Reggae/Dancehall Song of the Year – Shatta Wale for ‘Gringo’
- Hiphop Song of the Year – Kwesi Arthur for ‘Anthem’
- Hiplife Song of the Year – ‘Obiaa Wone Master’ by Yaa Pono feat Stonebwoy
- Afropop Song of the Year – ‘Akwaaba’ by Guilty Beatz feat Mr Eazi, Pappy Kojo and Patapaa
- Gospel Artiste of the Year – Diana Hamilton
- Highlife Artiste of the Year – Kuami Eugene
- Hiplife/Hiphop Artiste of the Year – Medikal
- Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year – Stonebwoy
- Music Video of the Year – ‘Come and See My Moda’ by MzVee feat Yemi Alade
- Best Collaboration of the Year – ‘Kpoo Keke’ by Stonebwoy feat Medikal, Kwesi Arthur, Darko Vibes & Kelvyn Boy
- Record of the Year – ‘Hye Me Bo’ by Akwaboah
- Songwriter of the Year – King Promise for ‘CCTV’
- Producer of the Year – Kuami Eugene
- Sound Engineer of the Year – Francis Osei for Akwaboah’s ‘Sh3 Me Bo’
- African Artiste of the Year – Burna Boy
- Rapper of the Year – Medikal Best
- African collaboration – ‘Akwaaba’ by Guilty Beats feat Mr Eazi, Patapaa & Pappy Kojo
- Best Group of the Year – Bethel Revival Choir
- New Artiste of the Year – Wendy Shay
- Album of the Year – ‘Rockstar’ by Kuami Eugene
- Artiste of the Decade – Sarkodas musicians look.